Sunday, May 5, 2013

Personal Writings

The first is what I believe would be a diary entry from Katniss in The Hunger Games. The second is a haiku I wrote.


Dear Diary,
            I went hunting with Gale again today. We managed to get a couple of squirrels and birds today. I even found a patch of wild strawberries to trade in town. I was able to trade my half of the catch for some bread and even some meat for supper. Prim’s goat is still giving us a good amount of milk. I took half the milk to the market as well. It’s hard to get good food here in District 12, unless you are one of the well off families or have good stuff to trade for it. The Reaping Day is coming up this week. It will be Prim’s first time in the Reaping and she’s been having nightmares about it. I keep telling her that it won’t be her, not with me and Gale and many other kids having their names in so many times. I counted up how many times my name is in the drawing this year with having to get help with food from the Capital. I often wonder if the closer districts have this much trouble with feeding their families, or if it’s just here on the outskirts. I wonder if it’ll ever change and get easier for us. Maybe someone will stand up for us. I better get some sleep, going hunting again tomorrow.

A Little Help
People hungry now
Kindness is needed to help
A small change means hope

No comments:

Post a Comment